I believe, that as the go gc is relatively rapidly developing, writing a
book about it is going to give you some grief, as the information in it
will likely be out of date by the time it comes out. The same goes, to
varying degrees, for other kind of documentation.

There are several talks Rick Hudson gave about the GC, which are more or
less high-level (for example this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiv1JOfMjm0, which is, of course, probably
out of date, as it's go 1.5, two versions ago). You can probably find them
by googling around.

But yeah. I'm not surprised, that there isn't a ton of detailed information
about this available. People don't need to know (it's an implementation
detail), it would require a lot of maintenance just to keep up and it's
probably very hard to talk about in an understandable manner in the first
place.
Not, that I don't agree that it would be nice, if it existed.