Need help again.

I got everything tested out correctly,
but when I tried to apply it to my real case (more complicated data
structure), it doesn't work any more. I've put my code at,

i.e., https://github.com/suntong/deduper/tree/v1.2

Here is the relevant piece:

 mh := minhash.New(cfg.bands, cfg.rows, cfg.shingles)
 persistName := "mh.gob"
 RestoreState(persistName, mh)
 defer SaveState(persistName, mh)

The same code works well in
but in my deduper.v1, after the program is run, that "defer SaveState"
should have saved something, but the mh.gob is still an empty file:

$ ls -l mh.gob
-rw-rw---- 1 tong tong *22* 2016-10-15 15:13 mh.gob

What might be the cause?
How to fix it?