Thanks for the information. I think it could well be caused by that. Below
is the screenshot of one of the periods of time where the mutator is
blocked.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9oESdo48mbY/WBDBYsoWB2I/AAAAAAAAHYA/d32gkJjxjXU0G-_4to7SdUxcI6GOGgFSACLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-10-26%2Bat%2B15.39.07.png>

Note: pause times were as high as 15ms with the tracer enabled.

Similar sizes occur every ~100ms.

Let's hope this gets resolved in Go1.8 :)