The plot thickens.

My attempt to make a minimally-reproducible short example has failed - my
demo (here <https://play.golang.org/p/wQMBLKY0R0>) does not reproduce the
problem, even though it's mostly copy paste. That leaves the code in my
original project to blame.

The server-being proxied is simply: *python -m SimpleHTTPServer*

Any recommendations for instrumenting my code to find the bottleneck? I'm
going to have a quick look for idioms (IIRC Dave Cheney mentioned something
about a talk he did in europe about HTTPTrace?), otherwise I'm going to
scatter logging of the current ms.