In our case, our original product was a web app, written in Scala, as our
data starting growing, we had to move from real time queries to our
database plus some data manipulation to precalculating/storing the data in
a ready to server manner.
This worked well for a while, but eventually our backend process was
consuming large amounts of memory. This was the a good point for us to try
Go, so we switch part of that processing to Go to see how it goes, worse
case scenario, a crash wasn't going to affect our main product, we could
still run the old code. Having a safe fallback was key for adoption.

But before we used Go at work, I personally made sure I was comfortable
enough with it that I could answer any questions our team had, or at least
being able to go look for the answer (this mailing list, stackoverflow,
etc).

The move was great, our incoming data has grown a lot more than what it was
3 years ago, and I keep improving the go program from time to time. We
still run our web application in Scala, but a few months ago we also
started handling a couple of specific pages in Go, again, if those pages
fail, they are not critical, so it wouldn't be a reason to stop migrating.
A few weeks ago I got our CTO onboard with Go, which was a big milestone,
so we'll be writing more and more of the web app in Go in the near/mid
future.

In short, if your company doesn't like taking risks, you can go slow in
migrating to Go, have safe guards and know where to go for help.

Thanks

Diego