A little over a year ago, I experimented with server-side React rendering
in Go [1] via otto [2].

At least back then, otto wasn't fully ECMA5-compliant due to not supporting
negative lookaheads in regular expressions;
I had to open a PR on React [3] to remove one negative lookahead in the
render path.

I have no idea if otto can run the current version of React, and it's been
so long since I've tried using otto with React that I won't be able to
answer any questions about that setup.
Hopefully this was still useful information.

[1] https://github.com/mark-rushakoff/go-reactjs-benchmarks
[2] https://github.com/robertkrimen/otto
[3] https://github.com/facebook/react/pull/5614