I've been working on a pet science project: building an initramfs with only one
file. Specifically, an executable written in Go.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to do a "modprobe" in Go without
actually having the modprobe utility. Is there a libkmod library available? If
not, how would I go about creating a wrapper for the libkmod library? Never
done this before.

Finally, if I'm relying on C libraries like libkmod does this preclude me from
creating a statically-compiled binary? Goal being, again, that I am creating an
initramfs with only a single file: the compiled Go binary.

Thanks!