Hey all,

I recently spent some time working with Linux's netlink IPC mechanism in
Go.  Because I had a hard time finding accurate information about netlink,
I decided to do a write-up on some of its fundamental concepts, and how I
was able to make use of them from Go.

This post focuses on how netlink sockets and messages work, and how to work
with them from Go or another language of your choice.

You can find the first portion of that write-up, focusing on netlink, here:
https://medium.com/@mdlayher/linux-netlink-and-go-part-1-netlink-4781aaeeaca8

I still have more to write regarding generic netlink and my high-level Go
netlink and wifi packages themselves (parts 2 and 3).

If you're just looking for some source code, check out:

https://github.com/mdlayher/netlink
https://github.com/mdlayher/wifi

Happy to address any questions or comments here.  Thanks for your time!

- Matt Layher