Hi all,

Just wanted to announce the release of usql 0.2.0, the universal
command-line client for SQL databases. Binaries are available for download
here: https://github.com/knq/usql/releases

Or, install the usual Go way:

    go get -u github.com/knq/usql

I've significantly fixed how input is handled, and it is quickly coming up
to par with PostgreSQL's psql. While there are still a bunch of missing
command lines, many of the basic (non-introspection) backslash (ie \g \p \e
etc) meta commands have been implemented. Documentation is non-existent at
the moment, but anyone familiar with psql should feel at home when using
usql now.

Additionally, support has been added for ADODB (Windows only).

Stay tuned -- a lot of really awesome features are coming up, including:

Google Spanner support
Syntax highlighting
Completion
Greater psql compatibility

For the record, the databases currently tested and supported by usql out of
the box:

PostgreSQL
MySQL (and variants)
Microsoft SQL Server
Oracle Database
SQLite3
SAP HANA
Microsoft ADODB (OLE)

Also, I'd really appreciate it if people could get out there and test
usql's new input handling with more "real" SQL schemas/queries/workloads,
and report any issues encountered (if any) to the GitHub issues page.
Additionally, pull requests are always welcome!

Cheers,

-Ken