In a program I have a function that formats the time in Italian date
format: dd/mm/yyyy, but, due to an oversight, I wrote the layout string as
"02/02/2006", instead of "02/01/2006".
This caused all the dates to be incorrectly formatted.

IMHO, this is a nasty behavior.  The layout is clearly incorrect and the
implementation should report an error, instead of returning an incorrectly
formatted time.

Thanks
Manlio