On 5 May 2017, at 14:41, mhhc...@gmail.com wrote:

> Just to add on this that the fact i provide pre built bin is not winning
> against go get,
>
> The repo i took as example is providing,
> https://github.com/mh-cbon/emd/releases
>
> and all possible ways to install it i can provide,
> https://github.com/mh-cbon/emd#install
>
> So yeah i did my best, i loosed.

You don't have *that* many issues opened. :) Here you are probably targeting
developers. They may be somewhat more likely to grab it from source than
others. They can probably also answer the question "what git hash did you build
from?" if that seems relevant.

On issues from other users I can usually get a feeling for whether the bug is
something I expect or something that should not be possible. If the latter and
the build seems suspect, "can you retry this with the latest official build
please?".

But yeah. The source is out there, you can't *prevent* people from compiling
it. (Other than not being go-gettable, which has advantages and disadvantages.)

//jb