Any memory management strategy costs time. Reference counting is not cheap.
Incrementing and decrementing millions of reference counters costs time.
Please consider caching issues as well.

Go GC, as it currently stands, is very effective, as other people in this
forum can confirm to you. Several Gigs of data and the only way to perceive
any performance impact is by generating a profile chart!

Only a practical test, tailored to your case, could tell if Go GC could
degrade your fps. If by any chance you find a challenging situation I am
sure the Go Team would be very eager to investigate, because it is
increasingly difficult to find new challenges to the GC.