Hi,

the more I work with Go the more I like it. Reading code written by other people, even by beginners, is straight forward.

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics

go_vet and the misspell check found some minor issues:

https://goreportcard.com/report/github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics

My observations:

--

In the lines

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/nrpost/nrpost.go#L19

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/nrpost/nrpost.go#L30

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/redis-agent/config.go#L27

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/redis-agent/config.go#L33

I would

  return nil, err

instead of an unused first item.

--

Why don't you export metric on

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/redis-agent/getstats.go#L38

when you do export the other types?

--

Could you write tests for parseInt64 and parseFloat64 that actually have multiple lines as the info argument? The slice you get at

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/redis-agent/getstats.go#L127

only contains one element in your tests.

--

The names parseInt64 and parseFloat64 are a little misleading. I would expect them to only accept on string argument that contains an int64 or a float64 plus some to be ignored characters. But your functions look for the marker given as the s argument and then get the number right of the colon.

Maybe names that better tell the reader what the functions are doing could be chosen.

--

The help strings of the two flags at

https://github.com/kbfastcat/nrmetrics/blob/master/redis-agent/redis-agent.go#L21

just duplicate the flag names in a unhelpful way. You should describe the meaning of the flags.

--

I am sure others here can give you more helpful advice. But this what I, a beginner like you, find from reading your code.

Lutz