On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Henry <henry.adisuma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have problems with building Go toolchain (Go1.4.3) on my older OpenBSD/386
> machine. Any idea how to make this works?
>

>> # Building packages and commands for openbsd/386.
>> runtime
>> ./make.bash: line 174: 99548 Illegal instruction     (core dumped)
>> CC=$CC_FOR_TARGET "$GOTOOLDIR"/go_bootstrap install $GO_FLAGS -ccflags
>> "$GO_CCFLAGS" -gcflags "$GO_GCFLAGS" -ldflags "$GO_LDFLAGS" -v std

This error implies that the newly build Go compiler builds programs
that do not run on your system.  There isn't enough information here
to know why they don't run.  Since you say you are using an older 386
machine, try setting GO386=387 in the environment.  It probably won't
help, but it's worth a try.  Beyond that,  you'll need to debug the
program to find out what the illegal instruction is.

Ian