On 24 July 2017 at 05:10, Sofiane Cherchalli <sofian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Silviu,
>
> On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 2:11:29 AM UTC+2, Silviu Capota Mera wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sofiane,
>>
>> "Is my design wrong?"
>> Without a bigger picture of what your final aim is, it's hard for an
>> external observer to tell you if your design is right or wrong.
>> I was unable to fully grasp the need for that intermediate (CSV prefixed)
>> structs in-between raw csv and real domain types, so I just assumed you're
>> working on some sort of a streaming processor / data importer of sorts
>> where values were represented by basic types (strings, numbers, etc).
>>

> Yes , the idea is to do streaming of incoming rows.

That sounds like a secondary goal to me. ISTM that you might be trying to
write a general package before you've got a decent use case.

What's an example of an actual problem that you're trying to solve
here?

I suspect that you might find that using encoding/csv directly can be pretty
good for streaming and processing CSV.

  cheers,
    rog.