p.s. if the c library GMP was written in times without 8 core processors,
wouldn't go be able to use multiple processors better than GMP can? Or, GMP
has been modified to utilize more processors recently..

Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about GMP, just that it exists. And, I'm
not aware of the backbones of the mathematics algorithms, if they can use
multiple processors (or goroutines) to do calculations or whether it is
more of a serial one cpu problem to solve for the programmer.

This may help me (or any interested):

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gmp+multiple+cores

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7901752/parallel-arbitrary-precision-arithmetic-library

Quote "The answer is yes, multi-threaded arbitrary-precision libraries *do
exist*. But I'm not aware of a single one that is actually public. (with
comparable speed to GMP)"

Interesting...