I recently wrote a concurrent tool using channels and goroutines and
saw a 10x improvement over the sequential tool, and that is without
any tuning. So I'd say that yes it is possible.

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Mandolyte <cecil....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a command line program (Java with mostly network i/o) that I must run
> several 100K times each with its own input. Wondered whether external
> commands are amenable to concurrency? Or whether best to run multiples
> copies dividing up the inputs so each copy has its own, say 100K values?
>
> Any words of wisdom before I start experimenting?
>
> --

Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve
neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
blood of patriots & tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson