I like *idea* of that idea, but I suspect that the implementation wouldn't
work out.

As the Go Proverb says: "A little copying is better than a little
dependency."

I have a similar repo for my personal use, but I copy/paste from it rather
than import it. It's a modern version of the folder we all keep on our hard
drives of useful little snippets.
https://github.com/shawnmilo/uhf

If we did have a community version of that, like a wiki or "cookbook" site,
that would be cool for browsing and copy/paste, though. Just not actual
importing.