Author did a range over channel without select, making cancellation
impossible without closing the channel or the process. However, author
challenges user to solve cancellation problems with no selection, even
saying he awaits for the user to accomplish this. So author will stop
waiting when notified, or call them back, to say it's been done. Because it
is not possible, we presume author is still blocked waiting on his
completion signal, or worse, polling to see any completed the impossible.

In practice, the callback needs to live somewhere in memory. The select
statement not so much; it could have provided cancellation by broadcasting
through a "done" channel. For one reason or another, the author didn't do
this and ranged through the channel instead.