Mattel (yes the toy company) is hiring full time Go devs to work on its IoT
& identity server platform.  Remote is OK if you're within the US.  Both I
and my manager (who would be your manager) are remote.  I'm in
Massachusetts, manager is in Ohio.  Another dev in SF.  Office is in San
Francisco.

We're a small team inside Mattel that is having a huge impact.  We are
currently proving our chops with an API and IoT data processing for one
product (the Sproutling baby monitor), but we're already working on
expanding our service to be used by divisions across all of Mattel,
including Hot Wheels, Barbie, and Fisher Price.

Sproutling is a startup that was bought by Mattel last year. We've been
working on a REST API using gin, and backend that stores data in postgres
(currently migrating from GORM to database/sql boilerplate generated by
github.com/knq/xo).  We run on AWS using nomad, docker, and terraform, but
we're investigating other deployment tools (including kubernetes, but we're
not sure it fits our needs / timeline).  We use lots of interesting tech,
like MQTT, kafka, cassandra, postgres, traefik, logstash, flink, and
prometheus.  Oh yeah, and we write our own go services too, of course :)

We use github for all our code, code review everything, slack for
communication, google apps for email, jira for bug tracking and sprint
planning - we do a very lightweight kanban/scrum style with two week
iterations.  All meetings are done in google hangouts. We meet in person
approximately every 6 months.

We're fast paced but low stress.  Flexible hours, good home/work balance
(and I say this as a parent of three kids ages 6 and under).  Many of our
devs have kids (including the manager of our team), so we totally
understand about school plays, doctors appointments, etc.

It's extremely rare to work late nights or weekends (I've worked exactly
one weekend in the last 6 months).  Pay is competitive for San Francisco.
 Benefits are great - health insurance is low co-pay, low premium (Anthem
Blue Cross if you're remote, not sure if you're in California, I'd have to
ask).  401k with match, 4-10% based on age.  1/2 day Fridays.  40% off
Mattel toys (including American Girl, Power Wheels, Barbie, Fisher Price,
Megabloks etc.  A million other small benefits that come with working for
the largest toy company in the world (life insurance, discount services,
FSA, etc etc etc)

Looking for experienced backend devs, preferably with a year or more
writing Go for backend services, but please don't filter yourself out if
you're interested, that's our job :)

Respond here with any questions, or contact me on twitter
https://twitter.com/natethefinch.  Email me resumes at n...@sproutling.com.

-Nate