I don't think it's immediately obvious what use cases this "int?" proposal
delivers that aren't covered by "*int". The encoding/json package uses
pointers to support null JSON values.

As a more general point, when someone answers your question, they're taking
time out of their day to help you. I think it's reasonable for the burden
of proof to be put upon the asker, who is looking to others for help.