I am trying to think of a way to monitor stdin... I have this small program
that spawns a bash shell. What I am looking for is to detect inactivity

package main

import (
    "os/exec"
    "os"
)

func main() {
    shellCmd := exec.Command("/bin/bash", "-l")
    //shellCmd := exec.Command(mysqlBin, mysqlCmd)
    shellCmd.Stdout = os.Stdout
    shellCmd.Stdin = os.Stdin
    shellCmd.Stderr = os.Stderr
    shellCmd.Run()
    os.Exit(0)
}

Any idea how I could monitor for inactivity?  So that if the user doesn't
type anything for a period of time, it can take an action.