On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Alex Buchanan <buchanae.o...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But, maybe a better solution is to faithfully record the current git (or
> other VCS) details you'd need to find the code which resulted in the
> binary? That way you have access to the source in its natural state.

yes.
using go-bindata is a nice, quick'n'dirty solution for the problem at hand,
but I fear it's just duplication of work somehow.
why not just using "dep" that captures the state of the code (ie: git sha)
*and* its dependencies.

this sounds more reliable. at least to me.
and it encourages people to put their code into a repository which, for
reproducibility of scientific results, is step-0.

-s