IMO, this article itself is indeed indicating there is an important feature
not fulfilled by the standard package. It is asking people to write their
own routers indirectly, thus, leading to the current situation (e.g: more
routers). There is a much better guide
here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6564558/wildcards-in-the-pattern-for-http-handlefunc.

Judging the fact that I need to roll out my own router (which is also a
pain), it's much better for me to spend the resources on Gorilla/mux that
has the collective contribution effect from its contributors pool.
Hopefully the developer in the standard package can see this and look into
it (We had enough with Python2 vs Python3 incident already).

p/s: I'm a new comer (transition from C and Python) to Go but due to the
fact that I need just a simple dynamic parameter url feature that the
standard package couldn't offer, it led me into researching about this
"router" markets which is kind of disappointing from both personal and
commercial projects perspectives. (So much time wasted studying these
router studies.)

Kean