I managed to get a small reproducible test case. The issue is easy to
reproduce. Basically if you spawn some http requests immediately after the
application comes back from background you get SIGPIPE.
Step by step:
1. Open ios remote.xcodeproj in XCode
2. Run the application on a real device.
3. Put the application in background (press the "stand by/lock-in" button)
4. Get it out of background (i.e. unlock the phone)
5. You get SIGPIPE

https://github.com/themihai/testios

gomobile version
gomobile version +5704e18 Mon Jan 22 17:02:51 2018 +0000 (android,ios);
androidSDK=

Mihai.