Go is hot right now just like Rails or Node.js used to be hot. So people
feel compelled to use the hip thing right now even when they hate it
because of fear of missing out. There are better languages out there like
Ada who do everything Go does, including concurrency but better and have
generics. Trying to fix a feature with code generation is a fool's errand.
Competition is good, only when the Go team feels the heat of competition
they will think about working on their type system seriously.

You talked about C++ and that's exactly what happened to C++ and why it got
all these features in the latest 15 years like auto and constant
expressions, it is trying to stay relevant against Java, C# and co. C is
what happens when there is no competition.