I'm not saying it shouldn't work as you try to do it. I thing vgo is a very
early prototype many corner cases seem to be unsolved. Your problem arises
because the old mechanism (GOPATH) is not there anymore.
I actually think that your replace workaround should work, so maybe you
should file an issue.
If this is good practice is a different topic.

I would rather restructure my source a bit to make it work (e.g. make mylib
a child of myapp) than requiring some proxy infrastructure.