> Our internal packaging teams biggest worry is that we don't want someone
to download something to their development laptop, compile the code into a
standalone binary, then deploy that out to our container platforms.

That's not really a problem with Go but an organizational problem.

You don't want people to download stuff from the internet? use a firewall
disallowing people from accessing the internet. Anybody can go on github,
click on a link and get a zip with some source code. How are you going to
deal with that? it has nothing to do to with Go. Either you trust your
developers with their intelligence, or you don't and you don't allow them
to deploy anything on your container platforms without significant code
review from an accredited developer who will be the only one authorized to