> Go is designed for the modern data center, but its adoption isn’t
> restricted to the workplace.

While the garbage collector may point to this, and I’ve previously argued
about data centers stepping on other applications’ feet, my understanding
is the stated goal is systems programming. This term encompasses anything
designed as part of a larger system in my mind; OS drivers and components
have been mentioned, the compiler is written in Go, build and other scripts
are easy to write in Go, OS CLI tools are great in Go, you’ve mentioned
embedded programming, small web servers with database definitely work, and
of course data center applications and infrastructure are a major Go target
and consumer.

Perhaps something like “Go is designed for programming modern computers and
computer systems in English” would be more accurate?

I’ve only looked at the three free chapters, but one thing that stands out
to me is the amount of formatting on each page. Although I’m looking on a
computer and not at a book, it seems that all of the italics, bolds,
blocks, lines, references, pictures, and other formatting add noise. I do
think the graphics are creative, slicing the solar system is great.

It’s been asked here about references for new programmers but I didn’t have
an answer besides “what do you want to know?”. Can you share your
competition here? I’ll mention “Get Programming with Go” in the future.

Thanks,
Matt