Hi!

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 03:25:44PM -0700, roar...@zillowgroup.com wrote:
> In an effort to make sure code that builds on my local machine will build
> on our build machine, I am looking for a build option to force the compiler
> to only look for imported code in the vendor directory & pkg.

You can set GOPATH to directory specific to this project and either check
$GOPATH/src doesn't contain anything but your project's dir before release
or (untested) change $GOPATH/src permissions to 0555 to ensure `go get`
won't be able to create anything there.

But I doubt any of these will be convenient enough - usual way to solve
this issue is run local build/test before release in isolated CI-like
environment (like in a docker). If you'll have empty GOPATH in that
environment and will be able to build a project without `go get` at all
then it'll mean you've vendored all dependencies.

Also you can try to switch to vgo - while it's experimental it should
provide reproducible builds without vendoring at all.

--
                        WBR, Alex.