On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 7:26:19 PM UTC+2, bingj...@gmail.com wrote:

> Almost 10 years golang appears in the world. 10 years is not a short
> duration. I think if it is not popular until 2020, it will never be popular.

I think it's already fairly popular.

> I find one feather: they are both not just programming languages but also
> platforms. They are almost the same in Windows and Linux.

So is Go.

> Until now, programs written in golang still does not have binary
> distribution format like jar, dll or so. People have to share libraries by
> source code. It is so foolish.

Portable binary is totally overrated and unnecessary ***. I use windows 7,
i program my Go server and test it on Windows, when i need to deploy it to
Linux, i simply type "*set GOOS=linux *, *go build"* and i am done. Cross
compilation is very easy in Go.

As a computer user for 14 years and a programmer for 12 years, never in my
life i enjoyed the benefits of portable executable. Only the simplest
programs are truly portable and you have to install a huge framework to run
just a simple tool you needed. They sell it like write for 16f84 and run on
windows 10, but it's just marketing.

I ported C codes written for android (such as dalvik/libdex) to windows and
linux with minimal effort though. So in practice, source code portability
is quite enough and Go is very portable.

> Creators of golang are researchers, not engineers, they worked too slow.

That's just funny.

** I'm excited about the portable binaries that run in the browser like
NaCl and WebAssembly though.*