That's a tough one. If your interviewer is an excellent engineer without an
ego, you may want to point out that it might be better to keep concurrency
and data structures separated. Perhaps you could even tell the story of the
deprecated Java Vector class.

If your interviewer want you to show that you're familiar with mutexes, you
may want to do something along these
lines: http://yourbasic.org/golang/mutex-explained/