More than once, I've found myself wanting to do something like this:

package main

import (
 "encoding/json"
 "os"
)

type Cake struct {
 Muffin string `json:"muffin" json2:"muffin"`
 Pie    string `json:"pie" json2:"-"`
 Tuna   string `json:"tuna" json2:"eel"`
}

func main() {
 c := Cake{"a", "b", "c"}
 j := json.NewEncoder(os.Stdout)
 j.Encode(c)
 j.SetTag("json2") // no such thing as this here
 j.Encode(c)
}

where I've got a struct that I sometimes want to express in json one way
and sometimes another.

Is there a sensible existing way to do that? Would this be a useful update
to the lib?

thanks,
-reed