I am about to bump a Go library to v2. Here are some objectives that I have:

1. New import path for v2
2. Want it to work with go and vgo.
3. Prefer to avoid keeping v1 code around in master branch.

(1) and (2) are actually pretty easy. I just put the code in a new v2 dir
at the root of my project and then a go.mod in the v2 folder with contents
like `module "github.com/nicksnyder/foo/v2"`

For (3) though, I am a little hesitant to delete the v1 code from master
since this will break people go getting v1. Should I just leave it there
for now? Should I not worry about this as a library author and expect
consumers to be appropriately versioning/vendoring their dependency on my
library?