Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

I will check out the vector package and further test SVG examples are
welcome.  If I have isolated concepts as well as I hope I have, re-writing
the Scanner to use the vector package might not be too hard. Gradients are
also near the top of the to-do list, because they are just so darn pretty.

As for the license part of it...(snnzz......, huh, what?) Oh yes, the
rasterx package has parts that are straight copies, and parts that are
somewhat modified from the freetype raster package, as well as parts that
are completely new. So, I think I need to stay within the terms of the
freetype license for that bit. Apparently, freetype wants derivatives  to
use their license, or GPL 2.0 or higher, so I just selected  the highest
GPL open on github, and also kept around a copy of their terms.

On the other hand oksvg is completely *de novo*, so I can slap whatever
license I want on that package. I take it people here prefer the Go
license? Can anyone briefly describe the difference? I will definitely
change it if someone can give me a good reason.  I just want to make it as
convenient and useful as possible for everyone.