On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 3:12:58 PM UTC-5, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Yes, but many developers may need a "debug" mode or more options available
> to where to store the assets.
> Why should a "standard" tool or API be restricted to where to store assets?

 I can kinda see where your going with having a debug mode. I've looked
around too see what kinda tools are out there and found some in the
awesome-go <https://github.com/avelino/awesome-go#resource-embedding> repo.

Looking at some of these tools, packr looks like a tool that might work /
be a good model for a standard tool:

*In order to get static files into a Go binary, those files must firstbe
converted to Go code. To do that, Packr, ships with a few tools to help
build binaries. See below.*

*During development, however, it is painful to have to keep running a tool
to compile those files.*

*Packr uses the following resolution rules when looking for a file:*

   1. *Look for the file in-memory (inside a Go binary)*
   2. *Look for the file on disk (during development)*

From: https://github.com/gobuffalo/packr

Would something like this be a good model?