I did a bit more research and found https://github.com/BurntSushi/xgb which
interacts with X directly without the need for C bindings, so it is
possible to at least open a window without any cgo. However, I don't know
of a way that you can have cross-platform accelerated graphics without
using OpenGL, which will require cgo. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if what
you want is really feasible, and if it is you may not be very happy with
the results.

There are GUI libraries out there for Go that require cgo but support all
major platforms. What is it about cgo that you're hoping to avoid?