As far as I know, Go is the very first garbage collected language to
support WebAssembly. That is very important.
Remember the old motto: "first make it work, then make it right, and,
finally, make it fast."
It is just natural that things will be improved in future releases, as
always has been the case with Go.

Richard Musiol, from Germany, made at least 2 wonderful contributions to
the Go ecosystem:
1. GopherJS - a Go compiler that generates JavaScript, supporting nearly
the entire standard library, with goroutines, channels, etc.
2. WebAssembly code generation for the official Go toolkit.

While other communities will begin the effort to support WebAssembly,
Richard and friends has already done the job for us to leverage this
opportunity.

I want to send a big "THANK YOU" to Richard and everybody involved.