In two recent projects, I have run up to the problem of creating vector
graphics.  In one case, the project used gonum.org/v1/plot/vg to provide
output, and in another github.com/llgcode/draw2d.  I've also
found golang.org/x/image/vector.  In all of these cases, we have an
interface that models fairly close the postscript model for drawing 2D
graphics.  There is also duplication in the backends.  It would be nice if
there was a standard ecosystem wide interface for painting 2D graphics.

I expect that providing implementations would be outside the scope of the
language, but I see an approach similar to database/sql being useful here.
There would be a package containing a standard interface to provide a
graphics context (either image/gc or golang.org/x/image/gc).

Has this been discussed elsewhere?  Would it be useful?