Neither API nor Behavior of your module has changed, so it's definitionally
a patch release. Go modules have an explicit design goal to enable using
multiple major versions of a module in the same binary. i.e. your situation
is basically what's described here as a motivation for semantic import
versioning:
https://research.swtch.com/vgo-import