Wouldn't there be an issue with fp := AFunc[int] ?

Though for that matter I wouldn't mind if the type part were repeated
for instantiations like AFunc[type int] or even AFunc(type int)

For that matter, always writing type would let you use < > since the
parser could plausibly enter a separate mode when it hit the < token
followed by type.

Noisy but obvious at a glance what's happening.