On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 07:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
acon...@redhat.com wrote:

> I have not been able to find online API doc for older Go standard library
> versions, where would I find this? Apologies if it's in an obvious place
> and I missed it.

Go library docs are sourced from the source, so all old docs are available
locally. Just deep clone the go repo, checkout version you're interested in
then point godoc there. I'd suggest to copy repo for "docs purposes" to avoid
accidental mismatch at pull time to your main go sources (it needs to be at
master branch, not at detached head).

so:

cd $mirror_path

# possibly make local go repo mirror

git clone https://github.com/golang/go

rsync -a go go4doc

cd go4doc

git checkout go1.5

# Note: checking out 'go1.5' You are in 'detached HEAD' state...
# HEAD is now at bb03defe93... [release-branch.go1.5] go1.5

# look up fmt as it was of go1.5 on terminal

godoc -goroot $mirror_path/go4doc fmt

# or point godoc webserver there:

godoc -goroot $mirror_path/go4doc -http localhost:1515

# then browse docs at localhost:1515
# eg. http://localhost:1515/doc/devel/release.html
#
# Docs front page is of release that built godoc, but docs
# come from the  -goroot $mirror_path/go4doc

> but I'll settle for easy access to docs for older versions.

hope this helps,

--
Wojciech S. Czarnecki
 << ^oo^ >> OHIR-RIPE