> On Oct 18, 2018, at 9:41 AM, Burak Serdar <bser...@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> If X is a struct type, any type implementing all the methods of X and
>    containing all the fields of X can be substituted

The above is the problem. This almost certainly requires dynamic access to
fields, essentially making all method and field access dynamic, and I don’t
think the Go performance hounds will go for it. I am not even certain it can be
done without runtime reflection.

But still a developer having to create a Bar with all of the exported methods
and fields of Foo seems daunting.