Hi Ian,

Good question. I don't have an answer.

But this raises some questions:

Should Go be anticipating many such possibilities today and tomorrow? Or
shut them off?

With this limitation, doesn't it look like Go is best suited for building
end products or service but one cannot build on top of some other's work
(with direct API access) without having access to source code? Are we
indirectly making Go well suited for (a) building end products or service
(as mentioned above) or (b) specific areas (typically research, education,
non-commercial) where we can create building blocks inside/outside the
company and the code will be shared as well.

One problem I see is we have a better chance of knowing who adopted Go for
what but not quite on who could not adopt for what reason.

Regards
dharani