Tristan Colgate <tcolg...@gmail.com>:
> It is not at all obvious that you have sufficient experience of writing Go
> for anyone to take your, rather disrespectful, comments seriously.

Nor is it obvious that an elegant solution can be found by anyone who has been
too close to the problem for too long and gotten stuck in a box the walls of
which they have trouble noticing.

>   A little humility goes a long way.

I agree. So does actually paying attention when I express respect and
appreciation for the people who worked on the "pig".  I wasn't kidding;
I can tell they're very bright people who put in worthy effort just by
reading the product.

Getting stuck in an overcomplicated blind alley in design space is not
a thing that happens because anyone is stupid or evil.  It happens
because these problems are *hard*.  Often, just noticing that you're
stuck is the hardest part.

It's happened to me, too. I have developed enough humility to actually
value people who can jolt me hard enough to notice how I'm stuck.
Perhaps you should consider cultivating more of that yourself.