On Tue, Oct 30, 2018, at 13:48, Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan wrote:
> I am looking for a database for protobuf, preferably the one that fits Go
> environment better. I located profanedb. I am wondering if anyone tried it
> with Go and if there is any example code that I can take a look at. Also,
> please let me know if there is anything else I should try too.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fits the Go environment", but PostgreSQL is very
reliable and could easily hold protobufs in the BYTEA type, or of course the
JSON representation in the JSONB type. The lib/pq [1] driver is very good.

I tend to think that choosing a niche database for a specific serialization
format is a bad idea; instead think about your application and what you care
about (speed, reliability, etc.), and about the general type of data you'll be
storing (is it time series, highly relational, etc.) then pick something that's
well tested and proven which meets your criteria.

—Sam

[1]: https://godoc.org/github.com/lib/pq