On 08-11-2018, 'Ian Cottrell' via golang-nuts wrote:
> --000000000000ea8501057a283d99
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you try the module aware fork of goimports
> https://github.com/heschik/goimports and let us know if it works and
> is
> acceptable speed wise?
> We are not merging it back yet because we think it may be slower for
> non
> module users, and we want some more confidence that it is a drop in
> replacement, but it should work.

I felt again in the trap of using a module name without dot (for quick
tests)!  Even if I know that it's highly recommended to use a module
name with a dot (there are others issues with this)
It doesn't works with your fork, it works with golang.org/x/tools/

Can we say now officially that a dot in a module name is mandatory ?

> Thanks
> Ian
>
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:43 PM Joseph Lorenzini <jalo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> If have a go.mod, goimports takes 30 seconds to run. If I remove the
>> go.mod, then goimports takes half a second to run. Is this expected? Is
>> goimports trying to do something with the packages found in go.mod? Is
>> there a way to configure goimports so it ignores go.mod?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe

William