I can get a reflect.Type for a variable with the following: myType :=
reflect.TypeOf(myVariable)

How can I get a reflect.Type for a type I have defined?
For example: type MyThing struct { …bunch of fields… }
I need to get a reflect.Type that describes the MyThing type.

The best I can find is this: myThingType :=
reflect.TypeOf(new(MyThing)).Elem()

I seems odd that I have to create one with new, getting a pointer to it,
and then ask for the type of the thing in points to (with Elem) in order to
get what I need.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.