I would be guessing that's because the response is actually thus an array
(square brackets around anything mean a list of same-typed fields without
keys) and you need to thus use response[0] to get it if there is only one,
or process it in a for loop iterating using range. Probably you could also
strip the brackets using strings.Split() and grab field 1 of split with '['
and field 0 of split with ']'