> * Even if we did this, the bug only turns into a packet of death. A packet
>> of death on this scale is of almost the same level of annoyance and chaos.
>> (Witness this week's firestorm about an email packet of death on some Cisco
>> something or other.)
>>

> I did address this. If each request is bounds checked and memory isolated,
> then a failure is just an exception of some kind and we handle this as we
> would any other exception. You could also just fork the process for each
> incoming request and obtain the same semantics.

The server crashes - that's how we handle "any other exception", as a rule.

That's a lot of work to convert "leaking session keys" into "crashes the
server".

Especially since you turn "maybe leaks a session key on repeated tries"
into "crashes the server immediately with a single packet". Maybe the
result actually makes things worse. :)

I don't know what you mean by "just fork the process". First, if you're
transpiling into Go, that's not a good strategy. Second, are you suggesting
the transpiler would automatically rewrite the request handling loop to
avoid the harm of crashes?

Thomas
--

memegen delenda est